Saturday 22 June 2013

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation






Ever since I started blogging, I started noting down products that other people were talking about that I personally wanted to try. The Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation has been on my wishlist for the longest time and I finally took the plunge and parted with my pennies at the #NottsBBMeet back in April. £33 is a lot of money to spend, especially on a foundation however after using it for a couple months now, I've finally made up my mind on it.

Silk Creme is a medium to full coverage-ish foundation with a luminous finish. As the name suggests, it is a cream formula which means that it blends out nicely and it leaves your skin feeling soft and silky. It doesn't cling to pore as it contains silicones which adds to that flawless, polish look that many bloggers crave for. Just like a silicone based primer, it helps to fill in those areas and almost airbush over them. It doesn't cover all blemishes but it does cover scars left from old blemishes. A fifty pence sided blob is enough to cover your face - not a tiny blob as many people say which doesn't cover half a face no matter how much buffing you do! One of the only things that I like about this foundation is how radiant it leaves my skin looking which is properly down to its light-reflecting properties which add natural glowing highlights to your face without leaving your face greasy. I also like how long lasting it is on the skin as well - I've worn it for a good ten hours straight without powder and only minimal fading!

I was matched to the shade Rose Ivory which is the second lightest shade which is a perfect match for when I first apply it in the morning. Fast forward a few hours later and my face is looking a couple shades darker than my neck which I wasn't expecting at all. If I'm tanned which is very rarely then I can get away with it however most of time, I just feel so self conscious of it. I understand that many foundations tend to oxidise but I was just not expecting it to oxidise and change colour completely. Perhaps I've just got a dodgy tube?

With this in mind, I just don't like this enough to wear it over my other foundations. I like the consistency and the way it leaves my skin looking don't get me wrong, I'm just not a fan of how it looks on my skin a few hours after applying it. I will probably use this more in the Summer for when I'm a tanned as I'm sure it will look better then but for now, it's being pushed to the back of my drawers until a few months time.

The Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation can be purchased from Space NK, House of Fraser and Selfridges for £33 along with the rest of the Laura Mercier range.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, I'm always happy to read an honest review on a hyped-up product, from someone who doesn't think it's all that. I've often been disappointed when I've bought into these things, so I think now I'm glad when someone bucks the trend and points out any flaws. This has actually been on my wish list for a while, but I'm really put off by the fact that it oxidises. I've had foundations do that before and it's made me look ridiculous!
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete