Thursday 21 April 2016

L'Oreal Double Extension Beauty Tubes Technology Mascara



I'm probably a little late to the party on the whole two sided mascara - one to prime your lashes and the other to blacken them and add some intense volume. However after falling head over heels in love with the Lancome Cils Booster XL which is essentially just a white mascara that preps your lashes beautifully ready for a black mascara; I decided to try out an alternative to it considering it is rather expensive and all, so I looked no further than at the mothership that is L'Oreal which ironically own Lancome so I was hoping it would be a near dupe.

I picked up the L'Oreal Double Extension Beauty Tubes Mascara (£11.29) which is a two step mascara - a white base coat that acts as extensions for your lashes with it containing Ceramide R which contains naturally derived fibres whereas the black coat literally coats each lash with a intense colour wrap to darken them and to create the appearance of lash extensions. 

Now as much as I would love to say that this is a direct dupe for it's Lancome counterparts, it sadly really isn't as there is just one factor that lets it down which is the scent. I'm not sure about you but I like my mascaras to smell like mascaras however the white base coat of this instead smells very similar to nail glue and rather strongly too. Regardless of the off-putting scent, I cannot fault as to how well it performs especially when you spent the time to carefully apply the layers and build it up. I personally love to coat my lashes with the white base coat until they're literally white and have so much more volume than before and then using the black side to carefully cover up the whiteness, ensuring I coat every lash. Whilst it does give incredible volume and length, it doesn't quite resemble lash extensions as they are more often than not clumped together. In order to create lash extension looking lashes, I tend to go in with the No7 Extreme Length Extend Mascara afterwards to define my lashes and separate them. By using a separate mascara afterwards, it helps to create the appearance of lash extensions that look full, defined with plenty of length and volume. Whilst it can be a little time consuming, the effects are definitely worth it so whilst I may not be repurchasing the Lancome version anytime soon, I can definitely see myself repurchasing it's L'Oreal counterparts time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment