Tuesday 1 March 2016

Favourites || February 2016

Too Faced Endless Summer 16 Hour Wear Bronzer // £25 || This bronzer has seen me bronzing myself up daily as it the perfect bronzing shade that is neither too light or dark nor muddy but has a subtle hint of shimmer to turn even us pale beauties into bronzed goddesses.

No7 Velvet Lash Mascara // £13.50 || One of their newest launches by No7 and certainly one of the better mascaras I've tried. It helps build volume and length whilst defining the lashes all at once whilst having a traditional bristle brush that makes it applying it all that easier. 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette // £56 || This is definitely one of the more expensive makeup products in my stash but it's certainly one of my favourites! It contains a trio of their ambient lighting powders - two of their best selling shades and one exclusive that helps to re-create the effects of flattering light on most skin tones. My most used shade in the trio is the middle shade - Incandescent Light which is a brightening pearl shade that I use to both set my under eye concealer and as a highlighter on the tops of my cheeks as well as lightly dusted all over.

Collection Speedy Highlighter // £2.99 || This Collection offering is practically a dupe for the No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter just at a fraction of the price. It's a beautiful pearl champagne ivory shade that looks natural on the skin yet still packs a punch when applied generously without looking too over the top. 

Bourjois Smokey Eyes Trio in Rose Vintage // £7.99 || One of my good friends at work is forever wearing this and I'm constantly complimenting her on her eye makeup as it just looked that good. She finally showed me what it was and I snapped it up and have been wearing it ever since. It has pearl white for highlighter, pale pink for the lid and a muted grey brown for the grease which when applied, looks beautiful on the lids. Everyone has to swatch this to see it for themselves!

Real Techniques Setting Brush & Real Techniques Contour Brush || The setting brush I use as the name suggests - to set my under eye concealer. I use this in conjunction with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and it just sets my under eyes effortlessly. The contour brush I actually use for highlighter and it applies any highlighter beautifully to the tops of my cheek bones. I tend to mix my highlighters so this brush gets a lot of loving each day.

1 comment:

  1. I realllly want to try that Collection highlighter!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete