Monday 3 August 2015

The New Obsession || Primer Water



Out of all of the wackiest things I've bought since I've starting blogging, I would have to say that the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water (£20) has to be right up there with the Tony Moly Pocket Bunny Moist Mist as essentially you're just paying for fragranced water however the Smashbox offering is a little more than your traditional water spray. 

It's a silicone/alcohol/oil-free spray that comes with a long list of claims including the use of revitalising electrolytes in the formula which in the instructions state that you can use it before makeup, after makeup to help set everything in place or as and when needed to help liven it up. Whilst it works for me best all three ways, it works for me better as a before makeup step as just a few quick spritz gives me a dewy look, right before I've even put anything on (and anything applied afterwards just adds to the dewy look!)

Unlike most water sprays where it mists out the right out amount, the spritz on this can be rather tempremental so you can be anyway from ready to walk out the door to sitting around for 10 minutes waiting for it all to sink in and wondering if it's best to just start all over again. I personally settle for somewhere in the middle - ready to walk out the door with moisture on the skin as quick fan of the old hands makes it sinks in a lot quicker. A lot of people have been saying that this is a dupe of MAC Fix+ and whilst the ingredients lists for both do read similar in some aspects, it is a fair comment to make as they do perform similar roles despite it costing more than the MAC offering..

To sum it all up, does using the Smashbox Primer Water before/after applying makeup make things last longer? I'm not entirely sure as it's one of those products that makes the whole applying makeup feel more yet it makes it all look more professional however in terms of making things looking fresh again, it certainly ticks all the boxes!

2 comments:

  1. It certainly sounds like an intriguing product but I'm not sure I'd be spending £20 on it anytime soon - things that make my skin look "dewy" are not high on my list of priorities haha!

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete