Friday 10 July 2015

eBay Beauty Blenders

Out of everything that I buy makeup wise, beauty tools are my weakness and I have a complete arsenal of brushes and sponges to suit every aspect of applying makeup. Whether it be for a night out on the town or a natural look, I have the tools to help recreate whichever image I have in mind. With that being said, I'm finding it to be a very expensive hobby especially after recently purchasing quite a fair few of my beloved Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and being hit with an additional handling fee (the joys of ordering things from the states!) I've found myself scouring the likes of eBay to help find some new makeup sponge applicators and I've come up with a few interesting hits..

The most smallest and cutest addition of them all definitely has to be the mini beauty blender (99p+) which is the perfect size for blending in concealer under the eyes! Unlike it's bigger sister, this is the perfect size to blend in any under eye concealer as it's not bulky and will not ruin your makeup. Unfortunately, these are very hard to find dupe wise as most sellers list the bigger size as the smaller size.

The next addition is quite an usual one as it's quite literally a sponge on a stick that sellers on eBay sell as a sponge makeup blender (99p+). I will admit that it doesn't feel sturdy at all and I bet that the slightest sign of pulling will pull it off. I personally like to use this to blending in foundation on my neck to avoid those dreaded foundation marks which actually works really well to blend it all in. However, since using this I have noticed that it doesn't wash up particularly well so it's permanently stained but for the price, you can't really complain.

The latest addition is quite literally a rip off of the original beauty blender (99p+) that is actually a lot bigger when compared side to side to the original. It is also not made from the same materials as it feels a lot more like a sponge you would find it the kitchen rather than to apply your makeup with. In terms of how effective it is, I would say that is does a standard job as I use this primarily to apply my foundation before using a different sponge altogether to blend and buff it all in. As it's a bigger size, it does cover more surface area but I wouldn't necessarily go as far as seeing that this replaces my love for the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge or the original beauty blender. A search of makeup blender sponge will bring up hundreds of results, so you do have to search for quite a while until you find a trustworthy seller.

Have you come across any good eBay makeup tools?

No comments:

Post a Comment