Thursday 21 May 2015

The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover


As much as I love applying makeup, I love removing my makeup especially after a long day at work! For the best part of just over a year, I've gone from using just one makeup remover to two - one specifically for my eye makeup and the other for the bulk of my makeup. Recently, I've found myself reaching for The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover which definitely is more on the gentler side..

The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (£8) aims to gently melt eye makeup away within seconds whilst conditioning the skin around the eye area. It helps leave lashes and lids feeling soft and clean and is suitable for even the most sensitive of skin.

Unlike eye makeup removers that I've used in the past, there is no need to shake the bottle as it's just a clear liquid that is ready for whenever you are. I like to pour a generous amount onto a cotton wool pad before holding it onto my eye for a few seconds and then sweeping away. As the name suggests, it truly is gentle in the sense that it takes a lot more than just a few seconds to remove the bulk of my eye makeup and even then, it makes my eyes water. I find that whilst it does remove eye makeup rather well, it doesn't remove mascara that easily especially stubborn waterproof makeup. I find that no matter how much I apply or how long I hold it onto my eye, I still end up rubbing at my eyes which irritates them. I wouldn't recommend this at all if you wear a lot of eye makeup as you will be there for a short while until it's all removed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment