Saturday 28 March 2015

March Birchbox Review


For March, Birchbox have teamed up with Habitat to create this months theme Do Try This At Home which comes in a brightly coloued, uplifting box which I'll be no doubt be reusing for storage. Along with the usual samples/full size, it's jam packed with fab tips and ideas which are included in the inserts to help motivate you to some DIY; whether that's sprucing up a room in the house or doing a much needed home-pampering treat for yourself. Also included is an exclusive discount for Birchbox subscribers to receieve 20% off at Habitat which is extremely generous!

The first (and only) product that I was excited to get is a sample of Benefit Roller Lash (£19.50) which has only just launched in recent weeks. This claims to seperate, lift and curl lashes whilst holding them for 12 hours without the need of using eyelash curlers which I'll most definitely be putting to the test!

A sample that I was least excited about is the TanOrganic Self Tanning Oil (£24.99) which is described as being the worlds first ever tanning oil which claims to give a natural looking tan whilst also moisturising the skin. I'm actually not a fan of self tanning and would much rather pay for a spray tan so this won't be getting any use from me at the moment.

The last sample I received in this months Birchbox is a generous sized packet of Serenity Skincare Dead Sea Bath Salt (£9.50) which are supposedly to help in relieving skin disorders, stress, strains, muscle aches as well as a general body detox. I'm currently still making my way through some bath salts so I won't be putting these to the test any time soon I'm afraid but they certainly do sound good!

One of two lifestyle extras is a sample chapter from A Perfect Heritage by Penny Vincenzi (£7.99) which is said to be an epic tale of ambition, passion and ego with the beauty industry as its backdrop. I will most definitely be packing this in my bag for when I have a few spare minutes on my travels and if I enjoy it, I will be more than likely to purchase the paperbook. The last lifestyle extra in this months Birchbox is a little Birchbox & Habitat Exclusive Notebook which is the perfect size for jotting down any thoughts at a moments notice.

Despite the good variety within this months box, I'm disappointed with the products included in my box as well as the fact that I'm actually missing two samples (Philip Kingsley Elasticizer and Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris). This is the second time in a row that this has happened now which is making me question my subscription to their beauty box service. I do truly love Birchbox but I just wish that they would ensure that everybody recieves the correct number of samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment