Thursday 26 February 2015

February Birchbox Review

To tie in with Valentine's Day, the February box has a theme of "Birchbox Loves" - a selection of products both beauty and lifestyle which the Birchbox team love and adore! As always, they've included the usual inserts of the standard postcard format (not pictured) where they cover product favourites from cult brand Caudalie as well as tips and tricks on how to get ready Birchbox style as well as different ways on using coconut oil.

The first product that caught me eye a generous sized sample of the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum (£45) which is a highly concentrated serum that helps reduce of the appearance of acne marks, scars and general dark spots and reavel a brighter, more even complexion. This serum is right up my street and I cannot wait to start using it!

Another product that I was excited to see is the KMS Hair Play Dry Wax (£15.50) which essentially is a dry wax spray that helps achieve a perfectly undone look with tousled definition and a matte finish with lots of volume and texture. As I'm so bored with my normal go to hair look, I'm excited to start experimenting and what better way to experiment with my hair than with this!

Next up is a Birchbox exclusive in the form of T London Darjeeling Hand & Body Lotion (£6.50+) which reminds me so much of my good friend Sophia! This is inspired by the reviving, delicate aroma of Darjeeling tea which is packed with jojoba and aloe oil to uplift your spirit and renew the skin all whilst leaving it silky soft and moisturised. Despite not being a tea drinker myself, I'm sure I will put these to good use epecially on a pamper evening.

Another Birchbox exclusive is the Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner in Black (£11) which is one of the most creamiest formulas I've used! The shade itself is a intense, bold black which should last all day which you can both use as an eyeliner or blend it out for a smokey eye look. 

Another makeup edition to the box is theBalm Stainiac in Beauty Queen (£10) which is one of those lip-to-cheek gel tints that I've never really been a huge fan of. It's a beautiful red-ish toned pink that you can either swipe on the lips for a hint of colour and immense gloss or dot onto the cheeks and quickly blend on the cheeks for a flushed look. I doubt I'll get much use from this so it'll be getting passed along to a friend.

Last but not least is a lifestyle extra in the form of a satchet of The Chia Co Oats + Chia (£4.95 for 5) which comes in many different flavours of which I receieved the Mixed Berry flavour! I've never tried chia seeds but I sure love oats so I'm excited to see how this compares to my normal porridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment