Friday 9 January 2015

Best of 2014: Haircare

For the best part of the year, I've remained loyal to only Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-in Conditioning & Care Spray which is a bi-phase liquid that you have to shake up to combine the two layers before use. Unlike other leave in conditioning sprays that I've used in the past, the Dove offering leaves my hair feeling silky soft and nourished whilst smelling absolutely divine. As it absorbs so quickly, there are no tell tale signs of spraying anything into your hair so you can quite simply spray, massage in and go. Whilst I may have been a shampoo floozy, I've remained faithful to only one for my ritual Sunday pampering which is none other than the Boots Build Up Removal Shampoo. This helps removes any product build up from a weeks worth of styling whilst leaving the hair afresh for another weeks worth of styling. Unlike others which strip the hair, literally; this leaves my hair feeling clean but soft at the same time and is one that I urgently need to restock up on ASAP.

Another sunday ritual product that I used a lot during 2014 are the Aussie 3 Minute Miracles. My personal favourites include Shine and Reconstructor but all of them are quite simply deep conditioning treatments that smell heavenly. I like to apply this liberally to my hair and leave it in for a good ten minutes or so before washing it off. After washing it off and drying, my hair feels silky soft to the touch and looks so healthy. During 2014, I used heat almost daily and in order to protect my hair, I used the VO5 Heat Protection Spray which helps protect hair up to 230°C which is rather impressive. I simply spray this all over my hair before brushing it out and then using my straighteners. I find that whilst using this, my hair stays straighter for longer and I don't suffer with quite as many split ends. 

1 comment:

  1. really want to give the VO5 heat protection spray a try x

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete