Thursday 27 November 2014

November Birchbox Review

As the days are getting colder and the need to wrap up warm, the Cosy at Home theme of the November Birchbox is more than welcoming. I love nothing more than getting home from work and jumping straight into my onesie, taking off my makeup and settling down to watch some rather festive movies such as Home Alone for the billionth time already this year. There's quite a variety of products in the November box covering skincare, bodycare, haircare with an added bonus of chocolate which already gets a thumbs up from me.

The most exciting product for me is the full sized Dr. Jart+ V7 Balancing Toner (£18) which is the first product that I've tried from Dr. Jart+ which is surprising as almost everybody has tried something from the range. It promises to improve skin's youthful quality with it's advanced enhancing systwem whilst soothing and refining the skins texture. This is right up my straight as I love anything that claims to sooth and refine the skins texture. As I'm a huge fan of bronzers, I'm excited to see a generous sample of Lord & Berry Mini Bronzer in Sienna (£19) which is a super finely milled matte bronzer that helps acheive a bronzed glow without the shimmer. The shade is actually perfect as it doesn't look muddy or dirty on the skin.

I find that during the cold, winter months, my hair gets more tangled and frizzy so the Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle (£14) has arrived in perfect time. Once sprayed onto clean, damp hair it helps to detangle the hair, minimise frizz, protect colour as well as add some much needed shine which I can't wait to start using! I haven't tried anything from Weleda so their Wild Rose Body Oil (£19.95) is a welcome addition. It's a musky rose scent which doesn't smell artificial which whem teamed up with enriching jojoba and sweet almond oils, it helps to nourish and protect the skin whilst leaving it soft, supple and smooth. 

I'm not a huge fan of floral fragrances although the English Laundry Signature For Her EDP (£60) smells absolutely beautiful! It's inspired by classic country gardens with rose floral top notes with a hint of musk. I doubt I would ever purchase a fragrance this expensive but I will cherish this little sample vial. Finally, I've already munched on the Montezuma's Mini Bar (£2.39 for 100g) but it is one of the best chocolate bars I've tried and will be one that I'll be stocking up on for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment