Tuesday 25 November 2014

Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo



Have you ever had your hair cut into such a style/length that you regretted it almost instantly? I have and I'm still paying the price for it. I used to have such long hair that was an absolute pain to dry/style as it was just so long and thick so when I was 13, I asked for it to be cut short to about shoulder length which has never truly grown past that length since. Fast forward seven years and with continuous hair cuts, heat defense and highlights, my hair is now almost at boob length which I'm so delighted with and it's all with thanks to Alpecin.

Alpecin (£5.49) is targeted as a caffeine shampoo that helps stimulate hair roots whilst washing which in turn reduces hair loss and promotes hair growth. Ideally, you apply it just like any ordinary shampoo but you leave it on the scalp for two minutes or more before washing out. The idea is that the caffeine is absorbed into the scalp which helps stimulate hair growth directly and the longer you leave it on for, the more caffeine will be absorbed.

I use Alpecin after finishing up a shampoo and conditioner duo which normally tends to be a week or two before my next hair appointment which I use every other day with a intensive hair conditioner being applied afterwards. I prefer to leave it on for up to five minutes whilst giving myself a head massage which I believe helps my hair absorb more of the caffeine. I've noticed that since using this, my hair grows rather quickly now with visible root growth a few weeks after my last hair appointment which just goes to show how incredible Alpecin works. One thing to remember is that everybody is different with different hair growth rates so this may or may not work for you.

1 comment: