Tuesday 28 October 2014

October Birchbox Review

As most of you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I'm glad that Birchbox have jumped on the bandwagon with a feminine pink theme, filled with beautiful products as well as containing some really handy information on how to properly check yourself for early signs and symptoms. This isn't the first time that Birchbox have got involved with charities as just last month, they held a Coppafeel manithon to help raise money and awareness for Breast Cancer Research.

Usually Birchbox uses drawstring bags in their boxes which are great for travelling/storing products in however this month, they've used a pretty baby pink makeup bag to store all the other products in which is the perfect size for popping in your handbag. The first product that caugt my eye upon opening the makeup bag is the Shaveworks The Cool Fix (156ml, £11), which I received a 29ml sample. It's described as a genius cooling gel lotion which works to treat and prevent ingrown hairs, razor bumps and burns as well as redness after hair removal. You apply it generously to dry, clean skin and continue to use it both morning and night until the irritation disappears. I personally don't suffer with any problems after shaving but I'll definitely be keeping this on hand.

The next product to catch my eye is a fullsize Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Honey Nectar (4g, £8). I have enough lip balms to be getting on with although this particular addition from Pixi is most welcome especially because I haven't tried anything from the brand before. It;s packed with shea butter with a subtle nude-ish colour that thats both moisturising and hydrating on the lips. I received two sample satchets of Cattier Pink Clay Mask (100ml, £4.25) which is specifically for sensitive skin and helps to soothe and illuminate the skin. I've never tried anything from this brand before but I'm definitely intrigued in this face mask especially when it's pink.

The Lollipops Nail Lacquer in Voyage à Paris (£7) is a product that I'm least excited about upon seeing in this months box purely because it's yet another red nail varnish that will be getting passed onto a family friend. It appears to be one of those high shine formulas that is quick drying and doesn't chip easily. I've never tried anything fom KMS California before so I'm excited to see the Hair Play Playable Texture (200ml, £15.50) of which I received a generous 75ml sample. The unique formula helps build body and texture with repeated applications all without the stickiness or product buildup. I'm hoping that this lives up to its claims as I'll be putting it to test on my next night out.

The last product albeit a gimmicky lifestyle extra is a Birchbox Lipstick Pen (£2.50) which although it feels pretty cheap, it does look pretty darn cool. This will be going straight into my handbag as it's the perfect size. Overall, I thought this month was pretty good and I liked the variety included in this box. I'm hoping that next months box will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment