Friday 29 August 2014

August Love Me Beauty Box

After the July Love Me Beauty Box success at being worth over £70, the folks at Love Me Beauty decided to tone it down slightly and offer four full size products across the board which all slightly vary from menu to menu. This month, I opted for menu one purely because I would get more wear out of the lip liner included.

The first product that caught my eye and the whole reason for choosing this menu is the Mirabella Lip Luster Liner in Bashful (£10.50) which is a beautiful purple toned pink. Mirabellas' Lip Lusters all contain aloe vera that help keeps lips soft and make applying more comfortable. It also creates a sheer base that it easy to blend and layer whilst being long wearing which you can top up with a matching lipgloss.

I've become inundated with eyeshadows recently and I don't even wear them that often so the Marsk Mineral Eye Shadow in You're Toast (£14.49) is one that will be getting pushed to the back of my vanity at the moment despite it being such a stunning shade. It's a beautiful champagne rose gold shade that looks like it could be a dupe for Stila's Kitten. Sadly, this is a mineral eye shadow which means that it can get rather messy so I may consider pressing it into a pan at some point.

Despite being only twenty, I've started amping up the anti-ageing products so the Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Correcting Eye Cream (£16.95) is a welcome addition to my stash! It's a rollerball format that is ideal for everyday use, even more so during the summer as you can pop it into the fridge before using to truly benefit from it. This is enriched with plant stem cell extract which helps to stimulate collagen producting and re-plump wrinkles from within.

The last product included in my box is the A La Carte Smudge-Proof Eyebrow Define in Blonde (£23) which sadly is too light for my brows but I can make it work by applying something darker over the top or using it as a liquid liner. None the less, it is a skinny tip pen that is ideal for drawing on individual hairs that it water-based and smudge-proof whilst looking completely natural.

Overall, this box is worth a astonishing £64.94 which makes it definitely worth the £10 + £2.95 P+P monthly subcription fee. I'm hoping that next months doesn't include any more eyeshadows or eye creams as I'm feeling swamped in them at the moment!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a great box. I'm considering subscribing as after I cancelled my Glossybox and You Beauty Discovery box, I now only receive my Birchbox. As nice as it is, I always find myself drawn to Love Me Beauty posts as the boxes look great! Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great thing with Love Me Beauty is that they offer three different menus to choose from so you're guaranteed to find atleast something you like! Let me know if you do subscribe to Love Me Beauty! xo

      Delete