Thursday 10 July 2014

A No7 Cleansing Duo


With more and more people jumping onto the double cleanse bandwagon, I thought I better join in and grab myself a few cleansers which would be fit for the job. On a recent No7 voucher splurge, I picked up both their Melting Gel Cleanser and Cleansing Balm which I've been using over the last few weeks together in a bid to not only see how beneficial a double cleanse is but to see if these two products are worth the hype.

The No7 Melting Gel Cleanser is a refreshing gel that transforms into an oil once massaged onto the skin, dissolving all traces of makeup and impurities which then turns into a cleansing milk once you remove it with water. Whilst this does remove makeup brilliantly, I couldn't help but notice how tight it left my skin feeling. It felt as if it stripped my skin completely instead of locking in moisture in which it claims. No matter which way I applied it - on wet or dry skin, with or without makeup - it still left my skin feeling the same which makes me wonder if this product is better aimed to oily/combination skin rather than normal/dry.

The No7 Cleansing Balm on the other hand is a rather misleading product. When I hear or see the word balm, I instantly think of a product which you have to scrape out as it's rather thick and wax like consistency that feels oily on the skin. This on the other hand is more of a cleansing lotion that I used primarily as a second cleanse to remove any traces of the first cleanser and to truly cleanse my skin. Just like with the Melting Gel Cleanser, I found that this too left my skin feeling tight which meant that I had to use a lot of hydrating products to get my skin back to how it was. It also felt very cheap/basic when using it which makes me beg to differ if it's worth the price.

Whilst this is a rather negative review that doesn't mean to say that they won't work for you as they could be the best thing you've used on your skin and completely transform your life. I have however found that double cleansing my skin has got its benefits so I will continue to do so.

Do you double cleanse your skin?

2 comments:

  1. I double cleanse a lot. I wash my face once to remove all the makeup and dirt then wash again with my clairsonic. But more days than not I don't wash my face in the morning.

    It's such a shame those two face washes left your skin so tight! And they were pricey to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found myself double cleansing a lot more now as well - using a micellar water to remove all makeup and grime and then go in with a cream cleanser to give a deep cleanse. How comes you don't wash your face in the morning?

      I'm sure that I'm not alone when it comes to these two cleansers and they weren't too pricey to buy as I bought them with the £5 off No7 vouchers xo

      Delete