Monday 16 June 2014

June Birchbox Review


BIRCHBOX SUBSCRIPTION - £10 + £2.95 P+P

This month's Birchbox has taken inspiration from the World Cup and is filled with top players from across the globe. Sadly I didn't receive one of the best top players from across the globe in the form of the much raved about Beauty Blender but my box certainly came up top trumps.

The Silk + Honey Shea Butter Hair Mask (£55 for the full kit, Birchbox) is the only item that didn't excite me as I feel a little inundated with hair care samples at the moment. It is a deeply nourishing hair mask that protects and softens the hair whilst fortifying its elasticity. It does seem a little pricey as it's a DIY kit which makes a 200ml pot but hopefully I don't love it that much that I cannot live without it..

I was very excited to see the Laura Mercier Ambre Vanillé Soufflé Body Crème (£44.50, Birchbox) as it is a brand that I haven't ventured too much into especially into the body care side. It's a sumptuous lotion that is jam packed with shea butter, grape seed oil and honey to deeply nourish the skin. This is quite a generous sample so I should get a few applications from this.

As the weather is starting to get a little sunnier, I was glad to see the Coola Classic Face Sunscreen in SPF30 Cucumber (£26, Birchbox) which promises to protect the skin from the suns harsh rays all whilst leaving no white residue. It smells rather refreshing so I can't wait to start using this!

I'm trying to venture into more brighter lipsticks so the Yves Rocher Sheer Botanical Lipstick in Rouge Groseille (£9.90, Birchbox) is a most welcome surprise! It's an orange toned red which should make teeth appear whiter. This has an added bonus of being infused with cherry oil so it smells exactly like cherries when you apply it.

I am all for nail varnishes so when I saw a Mini OPI Nail Varnish from The Brazil Collection in Next Stop The Bikini Zone (£11.95, Birchbox) I was little underwhelmed as I simply hate duochrome nail varnishes with a passion! With that being said, it is a nice colour just it simply isn't for me so this will be getting passed onto a friend.

The final product in the box is a Birchbox Brazil-Inspired Keyring as a lifestyle extra. It's a fun flip-flop keyring which is sure to brighten up any bag/keys.

Although this box may not quite be as great as last month's, I'm sure that next month's will be a lot better but I'm grateful that I've been introduced to a few brands and products that I wouldn't have even heard of.

Have you entered my American Beauty Products Giveaway?

No comments:

Post a Comment