Thursday 10 April 2014

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Review


I've never been one for sponges and have always opted for using brushes or my fingers if I was that desperate. So when Real Techniques brought out their Miracle Complexion Sponge, I was intrigued by it despite there being a lot of love it/hate it hype surrounding it. It was only until I was having a splurge just before Christmas that I finally picked it up and have been putting it to the test ever since.

The sponge itself is designed to be used either dampo or dry to apply, blend and buff in your base. There's a domed end for all over application, flat edges and sides for larger areas and a tip to get in to all the nooks and crannies and I must admit, the shape truly does work as you can swap and move it about as you please depending on your need. The function of the sponge was a little hard to get to grips with as spreading the product is limited and the exercise of tapping/bouncing it in caused elbow ache at first whereas now I have perfected the art and can get my base down in under two minutes flat.

I've tried it with various foundations including Estee Lauder Double Wear and it works perfectly well with it albeit it looking a little caked on around the nose area which a little blending would fix in a jiffy. I've also found the best way of using the sponge is simply by spraying a little water/setting spray instead of fully submerging it in water and then start wring it out. When I first used it, I did just very that and I found that the foundation sat on my face and remained tacky for about an hour or so which wasn't very appealing whereas now when I spray a little setting spray on it, foundation blends out beautifully and sets within seconds of applying.

It's gotten to the point where I've had to buy a new one as the constant washing/rewashing of it means that there are times that I cannot use it and have to resort to using brushes again hence why the old one looks a little worse for wear and was still damp when I took the picture..

No comments:

Post a Comment