Saturday 18 January 2014

Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm


I've always been wanting to try out the infamous Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm ever since it got hyped up in the blogging world just I particularly didn't want to shell out for the eye watering price tag. I decided to do some research and find something similar which resulted in me discovering the Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm for just a fraction of the price. I've been using this for the past few months and I decided to share my thoughts on it.

The Boots Botanic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm is a light green balm that melts instantly when it comes into contact with body heat. It's lightly scented of subtle herbs that I personally have grown to like each time I use it. Scent aside, the balm is quite hard to scoop out of the pot at first and feels rather stiff but it does soon melt once you rub it together between your hands before placing it on your skin. As I like to do a double cleanse most evenings, I take my makeup off using a micellar water before using the hot cloth cleansing balm as a second cleanse so I cannot comment on how good it is at removing makeup. I like to massage this into dry skin using small circular motions before washing it off using either the muslin cloth provided or whichever muslin cloth I've used that same morning. I find that it leaves a slight residue no matter how well you remove it so I always like to go back in and repeat the process before I'm fully satisifed that it's all come off.

Since I've started using this, I've noticed that my skin type has become relatively normal and it no longer feels quite as dry as it did before hand. Although that doesn't stop me piling on all my serums and oils however! As this was my first dabble with cleansing balms, I rather enjoyed this and would definitely recommend this to anybody who wants to try a cleansing balm or just fancy a change from their normal cleanser and unlike the Emma Hardie version, this won't break the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment