Thursday 26 September 2013

The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag

Rules:
1. Thank the tagger and link them in the post.
2. State that this tag was created by The Beau Bow
3. Copy and paste the rules.
4. Tag some more beauty bloggers and link them to the post.
5. Title this The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Post so bloggers know what the post is about.
6. Have fun! 

1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do.

- I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say this but moisturising my arms is one beauty regime that I rarely do. I know that I should be doing it on a daily basis but I just can't stand flapping my arms about waiting for the moisturiser to sink in. I moisturise my legs after I'm come out of the bath/shower but I always forget about my arms for some strange reason. Maybe I should invest in the Nivea In Shower Body Moisturiser after all as maybe then, my arms will get moisturised even if it is only in the bath/shower.

2. Is washing your make up brushes something you do regularly?

- Damn straight it is! I make sure that I wash all the brushes that I've used during that week every Sunday night. Funnily enough, I rather enjoying washing them as I find it very relaxing which is odd because most beauty bloggers I know can't stand washing their brushes on a weekly basis. I don't see how some people can't wash their brushes on a weekly basis as all that build up of make up is just a breeding ground for bacteria which can cause spots. 

3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?

- I think the longest I've gone with chipped nail polish is a week as I was on holiday where there were no shops in walking/driving distance that sold nail varnish remover and nail varnishes which really annoyed me! Nowadays, I guess I could last as long as a couple of days before I remove it and start the process all over again.

4. How long do you put off buying/ replacing a beauty or nail polish product, even if you need it? (ie purchasing a new top coat or foundation)

- That's a very tricky question as I tend to have quite a few of the same product in my collection so I don't need to rush out and replace it straight away. Although saying that, I did run out of normal nail varnish remover about three months ago and only got round to replacing it a few weeks ago but to be fair, I very rarily use normail nail varnish remover as I tend to use the Twist & Out Instant Nail Polish Remover which I've always got loads of back ups.

5. What is your worst beauty habit?

- I would say that one of worst beauty habits is buying lipsticks that are basically the same colour i.e. nude. Many people in my family including my boyfriend get annoyed when I come home with yet another nude lipstick as I apparently have too many. How can 19 nude lipsticks be a lot?! Although in my defence, they are all different colours/variations so technically I have 19 lipsticks that are very similar but are yet so different. But it still a very bad beauty habit which I cannot break as I love nude lipsticks.

6. Name something non beauty related that you put off all the time

- Dusting! I absolutely hate it as I find it to take a lot of time to effectively dust everything in my room. When I was younger, I had to dust my room every single week practilly when I was tidying my room and I would just quickly dust the noticeable things just to say that I've done it. These days, I could quite easily go a month or two without dusting before I feel the need to.

7. When going out somewhere do you leave getting ready to last minute or not?

- I make sure that getting ready before going out is priority so I start getting ready roughly a couple of hours before I go out. I love getting ready to go out somewhere as it means I can stick on some music and spend ages getting my make up just right before choosing an outfit or three suitable. I would hate to leave getting ready last minute as you'd always forget something or not know where something that you're planning on wearing is and spend forever finding it, getting more and more worked out over it.      

8. Can you commit to a spending ban?

- Yes and no as it depends what it is that I'm saving up for. When the #NottsBBMeet back in April was getting organised as far back as December, I went on a spending ban and basically managed to save up money for everything I was planning on buying and more. However, if it is for a holiday then it's not so easy as I buy things telling myself that I need this for the holiday and before I know it, I've spent half of the money that I was originally putting towards spending money. If I know that I need to save up X amount of money by a certain time then I guess I can stick to it. I will also be prooving this over the next few months as I need to save up quite a fair bit of money for my trip to America next year..

9. How organised is your make up and nail polish collection?

- I would say that both my make up and nail varnish collection is very organised. In my make up collection, everything has a space and it's all divided up into sections and it just generally looks very neat. My nail varnish collection is basically all on my nail varnish rack that I made up of two spice racks which I've sorted out row by row into brands. I wouldn't say that I'm OCD about having everything organised just I like it to be neat so I know where everything is.

10. What is the longest amount of time you have gone without writing a blog post?

- I would say that the longest time I've gone without writing a blog post is a couple of weeks at most. There was a time when I didn't post for quite a while as I had a serious case of writers block mixed with nothing new to write about. There was also a time when I went away on holiday and hadn't scheduled any posts for two weeks. Nowadays, I have a schedule where I'm posting every other day and I know exactly what posts I'll be doing in next few months too. For example, I wrote up this post on the 12th yet you won't have read it until the 26th as that is when it's being posted.

I would like to thank Jessie from The Bode Boutique for tagging me to do this post as I had great fun writing it! :)

I tag:

Jess - Just Jess
Charlotte - Beauty Within   

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for tagging me lovely! I'm just getting this written up now to post tomorrow :)
    I also get a strange amount of pleasure from washing my brushes, it's so satisfying! :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome lovely! I've just read your post and I loved reading it! Haha, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who enjoys washing their brushes :) xo

      Delete