Sunday 22 September 2013

Samples I've Used Up 003

Macadamia are infamous across bloggers especially for their Healing Oil Treatment and Deep Repair Hair Masque. I received a tiny 10ml sample of their Healing Oil Treatment in my #NottsBBMeet Goody Bag that I've been using before and after I got my hair cut. I found that this transformed my hair in a way that my Organix Macadamia Oil simply doesn't do as it just makes my hair feel and look so healthy despite it being an oil. If money wasn't an issue right now then I definitely buy this in full size but for now, I think I'll stick to my current hair oils.

At the beginning of the year, I received a sample of the Aquafresh Triple Protection Fresh & Minty Toothpaste which I reserved just for travels. I used it when I went to a wedding reception which required an overnight stay as well as when I went for a week away to the Isle Of Wight. It's the classic red, white and blue striped toothpaste which turns purple when you're brushing your teeth. I quite enjoyed using it but it didn't do anything to help my sensitive teeth. I think with this little sample, I got about eight uses out of it which is incredible!

Another sample I received in my #NottsBBMeet Goody Bag is the Lulu & Boo Organics Seaweed Purifying Mask which I managed to get three full face uses out of! This is a detoxyifying and brightening mask which contains organic seaweed, papaya and apple extracts, green clay and extract of propolis. I found that this definitely helped with any blemishes that I had and it helped to get rid of spots way quicker than any other mask I've tried. I thoroughly enjoyed using this tiny sample pot especially when it came to applying it as it just smelt very lemony which is odd as it doesn't contain any lemons. The only negative thing I have to say about this is that it stained my muslin cloth when it came to removing it however I'm sure a little bleach would sort it right out. At £21, it is rather pricey especially for a face mask but I think the positives are worth it.

When I started my work experience placement, wearing a full face of makeup each day resulted in it melting off completely by lunch so I stuck to just using a little concealer and a sample tube of the Benefit That Gal Brightening Face Primer. I absolutely loved using this as it brightened my face up and just made me more awake. I managed to get lots of uses out of this tiny sample and I would definitely buy this in full sized if only they did it in liquid form rather than in a tube.

The last sample I've used up is a satchet of the Clarins Everlasting Foundation in the shade 105 Nude. I actually got matched up to this and the kind sales assistant gave me a few samples of this to try out before I buy it full size. I would say that it's a medium to full coverage foundation that conceals most blemishes which lasts on the skin for roughly 13-ish hours. I've managed to get three full faced applications out of this tiny satchet and I fall in love with it even more with every use. When I first apply it, I find that it is quite pale but it either oxidises/adapts to my skintone within seconds and it just looks perfect. I think I'll get a few more samples before I consider purchasing this in full size as it is rather pricey at £26.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo that was a good read, great post! :) might need to go shopping for that Macadamia
    http://makeupwithkimmy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you :) It is rather pricey the Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment but it's definitely worth it in the long run! :) xo

      Delete