Tuesday 10 September 2013

Blogger Inspired Purchases 001

Since I started blogging, I've accumulated lots of products that bloggers in the past have raved about. These aren't necessarily items that I've fallen for due to the blogger hype surrounding that particular item but more like items that I've been inspired to purchase by other bloggers.

I was very late to the party when it came to the Zara Office City Bag as I only bought it towards the end of July after seeing many bloggers raving about it. I wouldn't say I purchased purely because of everybody having it but mainly because I needed a new bag which was suitable for every day use as well as being able to carry my everyday crap. Many people would consider £50 a lot for a bag but after buying quite a few Pauls Boutique bags over the years at £65 a pop, I personally consider this to be a steal. What I like the most about it is that is has three zipped compartments with two 'open' compartments as well with lots of hidden pockets to store change, an iPad and even a phone if you're feeling risky. I've noticed that since swapping over to this bag, I'm no longer having any of those "Oh, I've forgotten X, Y or Z" moments as I know that I have everything I could possibly need with room for more.

When I went to America last year, I used a hell of a lot of make up bags purely to store wash bag products amongst other things which resulted in loosing a lot of space in my suitcase. With that in mind as well as a lot of holidays that I'm hoping to go on, I thought I would finally invest in a Cath Kidston Wash Bag Roll. At the time, all the official sellers of Cath Kidston products were having their annual summer sale which meant that practilly all of the products were out of stock. After looking on eBay, I finally found one in a print I liked and I ended up paying a little over £19 inc P+P for it after a frenzy bidding war. It has four zipped compartments, three are which are see through and the other patterned. I've already put this to the test by using it on my most recent holiday and it almost fit everything in it however it did make it rather bulky. I wouldn't say that this is a necessary for every traveller out there but it does make packing a lot more easier when everything is folded up together in one big wash bag roll.

My most expensive blogger inspired purchase to date is one that I would definitely deem unnecessary and at times a waste of money but has helped to cut down how much make up I pack. The item in question is the Laura Mercier Custom Artist Portfolio which was limited edition and can no longer be bought sadly. I first noticed this whilst browsing the Space NK website but it wasn't until blog posts started cropping up and Fleur De Force did a video on what she got for her birthday that I finally caved in and bought it. For £65, you could get essentialy a organiser for your makeup which contains four magnetic zipped compartments and a double sided brush compartment in the middle. I personally love this as it means that I don't have to take two seperate make up bags as with this, they're all together. Surprinsingly, it does fit quite a fair bit as I've quite easily been able to fit atleast four different bases, different powder products, a gazillion lipsticks as well as most of my brushes. I know that £65 is an awful lot for what is technically a make up but I'm hoping to get my use out of it with all these holidays/short breaks I have planned.

Have you made any blogger inspired purchases recently?

6 comments:

  1. I love that Laura Mercier custom portfolio, it looks SO handy for on the go :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zara city bag was most definitely a blogger inspired purchase for me lol i love that bag. it can hold anything you could possibly need :D

    http://aloveaffairwith.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is definitely a blogger inspired purchase for most people ;) I just love how much space it has in it with sections for everything :) xo

      Delete
  3. I love the look of the Laura Mercier custom portfolio! Soo expensive but looks really good! I'll have to hunt for an alternative for a smaller price tag!

    Paula ♥ | http://www.la-vida-fresa.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that Paul & Joe do a similar thing but I think that was also limited edition. It might just be worth doing a quick google search as I know that some brands do them :) xo

      Delete