Thursday 29 August 2013

Skin Therapy Large Oval Cotton Wool Pads

NOTE: This has since been repackaged and are now known as Wilko Maxi Oval Cotton Pads.

Cotton pads are one of those necessary purchases that us #bbloggers buy every single month with most opting for either the cheaper option or the hyped up blogger favourite. I personally don't see the point in splashing the cash on the more expensive option when there are cheaper alternatives which will work just as well or in some cases, better. 

I always used to use the Poundland Cotton Pads as I would get almost 180 for £1 which was a complete bargain. That was until a family member commented on how cheap feeling they were and how they just fell apart completely on first contact with liquids that I decided to find something slightly better. Little did I know that Wilkinson's had the answer in the form of their Skin Therapy Large Oval Cotton Wool Pads. For just 65p, I could get almost a months worth of cotton wool pads which are larger than average sized, double sided to provide some extra exfoliation and are thick enough to not fall apart when liquid is added. I've been using these for almost two months now and it's safe to say that I love them. I look forward to using them every morning and evening despite them being such a simple, boring thing.

I know that there are more economical solutions out there when it comes to cotton pads such as the Love The Planet Cleansing Pads (£6.20 for 5 reusable, washable pads) however I personally don't have the funds right now to invest in three packs at the very least. So for now, I think I will settle with these as they're cheap as chips and do the job.

What brand of Cotton Wool Pads do you use and how often do you buy them?

8 comments:

  1. This is the same as me! I always used to use the ones from Poundland but they literally fell apart in my hands so now I use the Tesco baby ones and they are fantastic! So strong and not too pricey either, maybe around £1.50? Although I am definitely going to try these now! Thanks for sharing :) xo

    Beaumaquillagex | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank god that we both made the switch from the Poundland ones! I think I might give the Tesco Baby Ones a go when I feel a splurge coming on ;) Let me now how you get on with them! :) xo

      Delete
  2. I love big cotton wool pads, I normally use the boots baby ones :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using big cotton wool pads now! I cannot believe how many small ones that I used to use! xo

      Delete
  3. I would never have looked in Wilko before, I'll definitely have a look now though :)

    life-of-libby.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilko is definitely filled with hidden gems ;) Let me know if you do try them out :) xo

      Delete
  4. i will have to give these a go :)

    http://aloveaffairwith.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on with them Natalie! :) xo

      Delete