Friday 9 August 2013

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish



Last month, I reviewed the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser and I mentioned that I've been using that along with the Vitamin E version for well over a year now. Whilst I still do love using it, I found myself getting bored of using it twice a day so when I attended the #NottsBBMeet back in April, I was glad to see the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish in our goodie bags. I've been using this almost four months now and I'm now ready to share my two cents on this raved about product.

The one thing that I love the most about this product is the packaging. It comes encased in a tiffany shade blue tube with a pump. You just pump out as much as you need (one pump is more than enough for the face) which then ensures that there's no mess and no un-necessary squeezing which is something that you really do appreciate when you are coming towards the end of the tube and find it near impossible to get anything out of it. Whilst the packaging is all rather swanky, you cannot tell how much product you have left in it so you have to guess by how light it feels. 

Many cleansers are aimed at either dry skins or oily skins however this is designed to suit all skin types which means that anybody can use it. It is packed full of natural ingredients including cocoa butter, rosemary, chamomile and eucalyptus which makes it one hell of a moistursing cleanser. As with most Liz Earle products, this has a very distinctive herbal aroma which I personally find to be quite soothing and relaxing.

The product itself is designed to work in two phases. The first phase being cleansing where you add a pump to your fingers and then work it into the skin by gently massaging it in with circular motions. You can either use this on dry skin or on a full face of makeup which makes it a great multi-use product. I tend to massage it into my face first, massaging it on for roughly thirty seconds each side before moving onto my eye area where it doesn't sting. The second phase is polishing where you use a muslin close and soak it in hand-hot water before wringing out and then gentling polishing off the cream. I personally like to use rather hot water and put the muslin cloth all over my face and leave it there for a few seconds before removing it with circular motions. After removing it, I like to then repeat the second phase again but this time using cold water to make sure that all the product is definitely off.

I've noticed that since I've started using this, my break outs have calmed down a lot especially when paired with face masks such as the Liz Earle Brightening Treatment Mask and the Balance Me Radiance Face Mask. I've also noticed that my skin doesn't look quite as red as before and it just looks normal for once. My skin actually looks more radiant than before and feels soft as a peach! I've even had compliments on my skin on the many make up free days as my skin just looks so much better than it was six months ago. I've actually already repurchased this and will continue so as it seriously is a miracle worker.

You can purchase the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish in the starter pack which comes with two pure muslin cloths and comes presented in a zip up bag for £14.75 from a variety of stockists including Liz Earle online, QVC and John Lewis. Please note that you can purchase the Cleanse & Polish in a variety of sizes and in various bundles.

No comments:

Post a Comment