Thursday 18 July 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick in Curvy Candy



Remember when Clinique released their Chubby Sticks last year and everybody went crazy for them? And remember when Revlon released their Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains shortly afterwards and everybody went ballistic for them? It seems that last year was all about the tinted balm lip crayons and it's only now that Bourjois have cottoned on and released their own version, Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon. Seeing as I could never afford the £17 price tag for the Clinique version, I settled for Revlon and now own five of them varying from subtle shades of pink to a bright orange. I've always lusted after the Clinique Chubby Stick and it wasn't until I opened up my present from Sophie from Candy Cane Heart that I saw a Clinique Chubby Stick in Curvy Candy.

Curvy Candy is one of those pink shades that would look good on everybody which is down to it having very light yellow undertones. It's also one of those shades that I would class a "your lips but better" shade just with a tinge of pink to it which is ideal for people who don't like extremely bright lips. It is also a lot more tinted than a tinted lip balm. The difference between this and it's Revlon opponent, is that the Clinique version is far more moisturising on the lips. It doesn't cling to any dry patches nor does it feather or bleed throughout the day which does make the hefty price tag seem worth it in some aspects.

Despite how moisturising Curvy Candy is, it doesn't last long on the lips. I find that it lasts for almost three hours providing I don't eat nor drink whereas Revlons' version stains your lips therefore lasts a lot longer. You can purchase the Clinique Chubby Sticks from Clinique Online and John Lewis for £17 a pop.

4 comments:

  1. I have this and I love it! it is such a perfect colour, however I agree with you, it doesn't last long at all which is annoying when there are much better alternatives, although I suppose this doesn't claim to be a stain :D x

    Beaumaquillagex | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably because this one is by far the most moisturising hence why it doesn't last all that long :) xo

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a gorgeous colour. Which would you recommend, the revlon or clinique one? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely colour indeed! In terms of keeping your lips moisturised, the Clinique one. But if you're wanting colour that lasts then opt for the Revlon version :) xo

      Delete