Saturday 15 June 2013

Tales of a Pale Face Summer Beauty Swap

Ever since I started blogging, I've always wanting to take part in a swap as it's such a great way to try out products that you cannot get easily in your country/you would have never thought of trying. It wasn't until I saw Kat from Tales of a Pale Face tweeting about her Summer Beauty Swap that I immediately signed up for. I was paired up with Jess from Just Jess who is the sweetest girl ever! The minute we found out we were paired up, we started stalking eachothers blogs looking for ideas on what to get eachother. We settled on a budget of £20 and went our ways on buying eachothers items. Jess and I both received each others package on Wednesday morning and I personally didn't want to open mine as the box was so beautifully decorated!

 I'd been lusting after the L'Oreal Confetti Top Coat ever since it came out and I've been looking for a bottle of it everywhere but it has always been sold out so the minute I saw this in my package from Jess, I squealed with delight! This is definitely my all time favourite confetti-style top coat along with China Glaze's Whirled Away. Jess also gave me a Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Dragonfruit which is the perfect Barbie pink that will definitely be on my nails throughout Summer.

I've never tried anything from B. so to see a lipstick in the shade Watermelon in my swap is incredible. It's described as being a very light red so I'm eager to see how this looks on me. Jess also got me two blushers which I'm not too keen on but will be giving a try. She got me MUA's Blusher in Bubble Gum which is a matte bright pink with coral undertones as well as Collection 2000 Blush in Bashful which is a shimmery pink with coral undertones. She also got me a tube of Palmers Cocoa Butter which I haven't owned in absolutely ages! It smells so devine and I can't wait to use this. She also gave me MUA Trio Eyeshadow in Innocence which has some really pretty shimmery eyeshadows in it.

Jess also threw in a few samples and she gave samples of Original Source Shower Gel in Mint & Tea Tree, Garnier Moisture Match for Normal Skin and Clarins BB Cream. I love samples as they're perfect for travelling with and they're also a good way of trying out a product before you buy it in full size.

I would just like to thank Jess for being so generous and giving me so many nice products to play with and I would also like to thank Kat for arranging a incredible beauty swap! I hope you do one again soon! If you would like to see what I got Jess, then click here.

5 comments:

  1. Hiya, I'm a new follower as I've just added everyone who's doing Kat's blog swap so I can everyone's posts.

    Your collection of things is lovely, definitely go with a light hand on the MUA blush as they're really pigmented!

    I'm paired up witn Fiona at The Beauty Fiend, we're posting our packages at he beginning of the week, I can't wait to see what she thinks of whatg I got her and also see what ideas she had for me.

    Hope you enjoyed the blog swap experience as much as we have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll rememeber that tip for when I start playing with the MUA blush :) I can't wait to see what you and Fiona got each other! :) I certainly did enjoy the blog swap experience and will definitely consider taking part in another one soon :) xo

      Delete
    2. My post is going up tomorrow and I think hers is too. We've both really enjoyed it, as well.

      I was soo amazed by what she got me and she says she really loves what I've got her too xx

      Delete
  2. ooh lovely, what a great swap :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete