Thursday 20 June 2013

Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial



I've never been a lip gloss fan - I've always found them far too sticky and I've just much preferred the application of a lipstick. It wasn't until a little over four months ago that I heard that Rimmel were releasing a product that applies like a lip gloss but dries as a lipstick which intrigued me. At the time, I didn't buy into the hype as everywhere was sold out. It wasn't until my close blogging friend Sophia surprised me with two for my birthday that I finally see why everybody went crazy for them when they were first released.

Celestial is described as being a dusky pink which I completely agree with. However as I've got rather pigmented lips, Celestial looks more like a dark pink rather than the "perfect" pink that everybody else has achieved with it. It's still a beautiful shade however I just don't personally think it suits me. I find that Celestial lasts an impressive six-ish hours before it needs re-applying which is pretty incredible for a lipstick/lipgloss.

You can pick up Celestial and all the other Apocalips shades from Boots or Superdrug for a bargionious price of £5.99.

5 comments:

  1. I think you're being too hard on yourself, I think it really suits you! Maybe the subtlest colour but you could definitely rock a bold lip!

    I love these these things, I even rebought celestial when I lost it!(Though they were down to 5 pound each And on three for two so was a massive bargain ) - I have celestial, luna and big bang - Could easily do with some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just personally don't think that bright colours such as Celestial suit me as it's something completely different from my normal nude lip.

      I love the concept of them but I doubt I would buy any of the other shades for myself as I own this one and Nude Eclipse which I'll be reviewing shortly :) xo

      Delete
  2. This looks gorgeous and it really suits you too! I have never been a massive lip gloss fan either, I hate how they feel on my lips but I might try these now! xx

    beaumaquillagex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) You should definitely try them as they're definitely not lipglossy at all :) xo

      Delete
  3. I didn't get on with these - I found they transferred onto everything and for some reason they didn't stay put on me at all. There are some lovely shades in the range though - I got Celestial as well as Luna and Stellar, and I do use them occasionally, but I find them a bit high maintenance for me.
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete