Friday 14 June 2013

Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Collection





I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say that I'm a massive fan of Real Techniques brushes. They're amazing quality and at only a fraction of high-end brushes with many different brushes for many different uses. The latest addition to the Real Techniques family is the Limited Edition Duo-Fiber Collection which is to be sold for one year only. They've been in Boots stores since May 20th however I cheekily ordered them with Liam's card (Birthday present from him to me with his permission!) from America where it's practilly half price on the exchange rate even with shipping!

The Duo-Fiber set contains three brushes; the Duo-Fiber Face Brush, Duo-Fiber Contour Brush and the Duo-Fiber Eye Brush. Considering the fact that they're limited edition, they have a different colour theme when compared to the original Real Techniques Brushes. Each of the brushes in this set is a black and white colour combination which makes them stand out. Each brush has the typical Real Techniques flat ended handled which means that you can stand them up. The handles are very smooth and slick which makes applying makeup to be a breeze as there is enough grip to hold them easily and firmly.

The Duo-Fiber Face Brush is advertised as being used for lightweight application and blending of face powders or pigments. I use this to lightly powder my face with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder as it's just the right size. The Duo-Fiber Contour Brush is advertised as being perfect for controlled contouring and sculpting of the face. I actually use this brush not for contouring but for applying highlighter to the tops of my cheek bones as it adds a natural highlight to my cheeks whilst not looking too overdone. The final brush in this collection is the Duo-Fiber Eye Brush which is to be used to add any finishing touches to the eyes. This is the only brush that I do not use out of this collection purely because I do not wear eye shadow. I'm pretty sure that it would be perfect to blend out eyeshadow in the crease however. 

As much as I love this set of brushes, I do not think that they are a necessary purchase as Real Techniques do have these very same brushes in their original collections. If you're looking into buying this limited edition set of brushes, then you can purchase them from Boots for £23.99 or iHerb for roughly £13 depending on the exchange rate.

8 comments:

  1. I love the look of these! :)
    I currently only have the Real Techniques foundation brush but I really want to treat myself to the Core Collection!

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely treat yourself to the Core Collection as you'll become hooked on the Buffing Brush + Contour Brush in particular :) xo

      Delete
  2. I really want to get my hands on these x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March yourself over to Boots now and buy them! ;) xo

      Delete
  3. I love the look of these but don't think I really need them on top of the ones I already have! Gorgeous blog. Would love if we could follow each other xx
    http://thepowderednose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally don't think that they're necessary as Real Techniques already have these brushes in other sets/singularly xo

      Delete