Saturday 29 December 2012

What I got for Christmas 2012

After being well and truly spoilt for my 18th this year, I didn't ask for too much - I just dropped subtle hints here and there about things that I wanted as well as quite a lot that I didn't need. Like always, my Dad and Rebecca well and truly surprised me with what they got me as well as what my friends got me too. So a big massive thankyou goes out to everybody who got me something, especially to my three best blogging friends who I'm so glad to have met! <3 I would just like to apologise for the crappy quality of pictures - they were taken throughout Christmas Day and wanted to take them quickly!



 On Christmas Eve I went round to Liams' sisters, Nick, for Secret Santa. Last year, I missed out on it as I only just been part of the family for five minutes but this year I was included. We all agreed on a £30 limit and I asked for two of everything which was mainly skincare. Unforunately, my secret Santa couldn't get me a few things on my list but they definitely did well! After running out of the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Gentle Exfoliating Wash a few months ago, I was so glad to see two of these! This has to be the best face wash I've tried which does the trick. I love Superdrugs' Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser so I was glad that I have another backup of this as this is quite literally my HG item! One of things that my Secret Santa couldn't get was Re-Gen Cream (see here for my review of it) so instead he got me two lots of Bio-Oil was is practilly the same thing but in oil version which I'm going to see how it works in the next few weeks. I'm forever in fluffy so I was so excited to see these festive socks from Peacocks which have got fluffy lining inside! They haven't left my feet since! Lastly, my secret santa knows me well enough to know that I have a sweet tooth so he got me two tubes of Buttons which sadly lasted five minutes :( 


 The first presents I opened on Christmas Day were from Jessie, Sophie and Sophia and I squeeled with delight at every present I opened. Sophia got me a travel mug filled with goodies including minitures of Aussie 3 Minute Miracle, Benefit The Porefessional and Benefit Cha Cha Tint. There was even a Yankee Candle Wax Tart in Hot Cider which I've started burning! I seriously cannot wait to start using this mug as it will be just perfect for any upcoming blogger meet ups that I'd be attending in 2013. Sophie surprised me with Beauty by Lauren Conrad which I've been wanting for absolutely ages! I've been reading snippets here and there and I must say, it's a book that every beauty blogger needs! She also got the most gorgeous blue moustache necklace from Kukee and a Kelly Brook nail varnish in a deep pink shade. Lastly, Jessie surprised me the most with a MAC Lipstick! She obviously took note from when I said that I've always wanted one but could never quite afford one. She got me Creme Cup which has been on my wishlist for quite a while and I can't wait to start wearing it! She also must have known how much I love Vanilla Coke and got me a lip smacker in it which brings back memories of America everytime I use/smell it.


For the past year, I've been wearing my River Island UGGs non stop and I've been hinting that I need a new pair so I'm so glad that Dad and Rebecca got me a new pair. They last me for about a year so cost per wear is pretty good going! As I got a Kindle for my birthday, they both realised that I would need a case so they got me a leopard print one which I adore to pieces! It is so sturdy and is bound to last a life time. In March, I had lost my trusty tweezers and have been using a rather crappy pair ever since so I was so happy to see some Mister Mascara Pointed Tweezers as I cannot use slanted for the life of me! There is a running joke in the family, that I can't use a can opener and I always fail at opening cans so they got me a electronic one for my bottom drawer which will definitely be getting used daily for when I move out. I'm always on the look out for new skincare items so I was happy to see a sample of Estee Lauder Cream Cleanser. I'm nearing the end of my TBS Tea Tree Pore Minimiser, so I was glad to see a backup of this as well as two facial buffers as I've been needing a new one for a few weeks now. Lastly, they got me a BB Cream from TBS as I've been wanting to try this one out for ages and I can now finally say I own it!


For my main present, Dad and Rebecca got me a Storage Ladder which I had seen in Brogan Tate xo's Room Tour and my hinting had paid off! This fits perfectly by my door and stores all my skincare, hair stuff and other bits and bobs that I want on it. It even matches all the other furniture in my room which is a bonus!

What did you get for Christmas? Did you get really spoilt? 
Leave your links to your posts on what you got as I would love to have a nosy!

12 comments:

  1. I love reading these posts!! You got some fab prezzies!! What a lovely idea filling up a travel mug with goodies, too cute!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I have to hand it to Sophia, she's very clever when it comes to gifting things! As I originally thought it was empty until my dads girlfriend, Rebecca, said that it sounds like there's something inside :) xo

      Delete
  2. Looks like you were very lucky, I love the look of all that TBS stuff! The pictures look great btw xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh you got some lovely gifts! I love thoughtful surprises when you've dropped hints :) Lovely idea to fill the travel mug up!
    That storage ladder is gorgeous as well!

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Ditto, I love it when you sort of have an idea of what presents you're getting! It sure was :) It took forever to build but it's worth it! xo

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous pressies, i got that tea tree pore minimiser from the body shop too, it is fab!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite honestly the best primer I've tried and I've now got two in back up for when my current one runs out :) xo

      Delete
  5. Ooh I love the look of the storage stairs!
    I love the mini versions of the products too :)
    Lots of lovely little bits!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's becomming so handy! They'll definitely be getting used up soon :) xo

      Delete
  6. The storage ladder looks fab, Very useful. Such lovely presents. :) x

    ReplyDelete