Sunday 21 October 2012

Wet n Wild Mega Blast Lipsticks

Wet n Wild is a brand thats infamous throughout the US but no so much here. It's only been recently that they've started making their way in the UK through eBay, Amazon and cheap makeup selling sites. I've never been interested in the brand personally as their products didn't appeal to me. It was only until a quick dash in Walmart back when I was in America, that I fell in love with two of their products, two lipsticks to be exact.


Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that these lipsticks are from their staple range of cosmetics which means that they'll always have it. To me personally, this is like America's version of MUA of cosmetics except Wet n Wild have been around much longer than MUA. I believe these were either $1.99 or $2.99 each which is dirt cheap for a lipstick on the current exchange rate. The two shades that I picked up are 901B "Think Pink" and 903C "Just Peachy". I like that these have names as it adds a nice touch in my eyes.



Think Pink (901B) is most definitely a shade of Pink that you can expect Barbie/Nicki Minaj to wear as it's so vibrant in the bullet. It's a light bubblegum pink which means that it's perfect for everyday use. I find that this washes me out slightly as it's too pale for me. I think if I use a lipgloss, it would make it look slightly better.

Just Peachy (903C) is a gorgeous rosy peach shade with a slight hint of orange to it. It's definitely a lipstick that would be more suited to those who have tanned complexions rather than my pale complexion as it just looks slightly too bright on me. I find that when applying this, I have to apply it quite a few times as it is so sheer but looks so vibrant in the bullet! I also find that the formula of this particular one is ever so similar to Barry M as it's so drying and it shows off every imperfection on the lips - even when wearing with a lipbalm!

L is Think Pink and R is Just Peachy.

Overall, I do like the pigmentation of both as they're so true to colour and I also like the fact that they're matte lipsticks. The only downside I have is that they tend to show off any dryness/cuts that I may have on my lips, more so with Just Peachy which means I can only wear these two shades when my lips are in perfect condition as it were. However, for the price I cannot complain as in this case you really do get what you pay for. It's worth looking into these as well as the other lipsticks in the range as I'm sure there are many more which are ever so slightly better than these.

You can buy these from eBay or Amazon for my UK readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment