Monday 1 October 2012

Shopping the Stash #1 - Reviews!

Last week, I posted my first shopping the stash post. If you missed it, you can read the post here. Today, I'll be sharing my thoughts on the products that I have trying out, again! Unforunately, I didn't manage to take any pictures with these products on but hopefully in the near future I'll have a few.


 I used the Collection 2000 Light Diffusing Foundation quite a bit but I found that it was far too light for my skin so I used a little of the Maybelline Dream Mouse Bronzer all over which seemed to sort out the problem and gave my skin a nice healthy glow all over. I quite liked this combination of the both so I think I'll do it again in the near future. I did not get on at all with the Technic Hide It!! Concealer Palette, it just did not have any payoff at all and it did little to conceal any blemishes or dark circles. I'm keen to see if it works with any other concealers however. I quite enjoyed using the Natural Collection concealer, it gave a nice change to the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer which I've been using non stop until I started this shopping the stash. I found that the Natural Collection Concealer worked better with my fingers instead of a brush as it just seemed to conceal more. I quite liked using the Collection 2000 Sheer Loose Powder - I found that my makeup lasted longer and I really liked the coverage. I didn't enjoy using the 17 Photo Flawless Primer as I found that it felt too silicone like to my liking and I stopped using this half way through for in favour of the Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser as I missed the benefit of fighting spots as well as keeping my make-up in place. Unfortunately, I didn't use the lipstick at all last week as I just didn't feel confident enough to wear it not that it had any colour to it anyway. The ELF Blush I could not stand at all, it was far too glittery for my liking and there will be a post all about this coming up soon!


 So those are my thoughts on these products for my first shopping the stash post. I really enjoyed doing this as it felt nice using up products that I loved in the past but have stopped using. I will continue to do these posts but not for a few weeks or so.

If you've done your own Shopping the stash post, I would love to hear your thoughts about the products you've used and whether you stuck to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment