Tuesday 25 September 2012

ColourB4 Hair Colour Remover

The first time I got highlights in my hair, my hair looked like a tiger with the orange streaks running through my dark brown hair. Fact!


I've been getting my hair dyed since I was 11 and it's been from the recent experience from doing the transition from blonde to brunette that I struggled to get it to the desired shade of brown. I put three dyes in my hair, each one making my hair darker and darker and making the green tinge more obvious. Whilst out shopping with Liam last week, I decided to do something about it and I picked up ColourB4 Hair Colour Remover Extra which removes dark tones and colour build-up.


The kit contains an activator, the remover, a buffer, instructions and gloves which is what you would expect. The idea is, is that you apply bottle A to bottle B and mix it together and keep on mixing for 5 minutes. Apply to your hair and wait 60 minutes. Yes, you read that right, a whole frigging hour. In somewhere warm as it won't work when you're somewhere cold. I won't get into the nitty gritty science of it but basically whilst this is in your hair and you're in a room somewhere warm, the mixture works better at getting rid of the hair dye particles from your hair instead of when you're in a room that's cold as it won't work to it's full advantage.

After the hour is up, you wash it out and keep on washing it out for up to 10 minutes depending on your hair length. After washing it out, you then have to apply the buffer, which is basically the shampoo and leave it in your hair for a few minutes before washing it out. Once rinsed out, you then use the buffer again, lather it up and then rinse until all the traces have gone.

I noticed that once my hair was dried, that it did look remarkably brighter and that most of the dark tones were gone. However, my hair felt really dry and damaged! A little bit of Macadamia Oil soon sorted this out!


I now have hair which I'm happier with - it's got many different shades of brown and blonde running through it which still looks natural. The green tinge is still there but it's hardly noticeable. Overall, I was and still am really impressed with ColourB4 and I would definitely recommend it to anybody who is wanting to remove the colour from their hair.

ColourB4 Hair Colour Remover can be purchased from Superdrug for £9.99

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like what i need!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use ColourB4 almost every time I dye my hair and I have to agree... it does leave your hair feeling horrid and really tangled! But like you, I found using an oil or slapping on some intense conditioner really sorted it out! Just wish it didn't smell so bad... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found opening the door and just generally breathing through my mouth meant that I didn't have to smell as much xo

      Delete
  3. Great review, I don't think I would used one of these, as wouldn't want it to leave my hair so dry xx
    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only leaves your hair dry because it's stripped the colour out of your hair. A little oil or intensive hair treatment would sort it out in no time :) xo

      Delete