Tuesday 11 September 2012

Collection BB Cream

Last week, I was browsing Superdrug and noticed that they had recently updated their Collection stand. I even noticed that their lipsticks hadn't been messed up yet so I had a good few minutes swatching them all on my hand and falling in love with a peachy number.

It wasn't until I looked up from my lipstick covered hands that I noticed that Collection had bought out a BB cream in two shades - Light and Medium. I quickly swatched Medium inbetween the lipstick swatches and agreed that it was a pretty good match. It wasn't until after I bought it that I realised that just because it may look good on the back of your hand, doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the same story for on your face. 



BB Secrets - your new secret weapon! For that sheer, flawless face. No one need ever know you're wearing makeup.

That is a pretty bold statement for a Blemish/Beauty Balm. But it's a statement that I can't help but admit is partially true. As soon as I applied it and buffed it in a little, it did look rather orange. However, once you let it sink into your skin, the orangeness disppears and you're left with a golden tan like look. This product made my face glow whether that was just my mirror and the natural lighting causing that to happen. It didn't leave my face looking flawless and nor did it cover up any of my blemishes - it just evened out my skin colour. It's definitely a product that makes you look like you're not wearing makeup at all. A bonus with this is that it contains SPF 15 which means that you won't have to worry about burning your face whilst wearing this.
I haven't seen any other reviews of this yet so I'm keen to see if this had the same effect on other people like it did on me.
You can purchase this from Superdrug where it's currently at a introductory price of £3.99

PS Don't forget to enter my giveaway! It ends in the next few days!

3 comments:

  1. Thats a good price! From what i have heard this is just a great tinted moisturiser, but not good for oily skin. I might have to give it a go :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I love this post, now following you. Would love it if you could check out my blog too. Naomi xx

    www.oneheelforward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete