Friday 1 June 2012

VIVO Lipstick: Barely There

VIVO is a budget brand where their prices range from £1.50 to £6.00 which means that it can suit anybodys price range.  They stock cosmetics from eyeshadows to eyebrow kits, eyelashes to baked blushes. You can always pretty much find something from their range which is just screaming your name

I picked up their Lipstick in Barely There as I wanted to try out a nude-y pink colour.

 VIVO LIPSTICK IN SHADE 8 BARELY THERE; RRP £1.99 FROM TESCO'S OR VIVO ONLINE.

The packaging is just like the Baked Blush (See review here) except the whole container is metallic instead of just the bottom. It makes the product look a little more expensive that what it was but it means that it's prone more to scratches and dents.

With flash.
Without flash.

The first thing that I noticed when I was swatching this was the smell - it smells so sweet and candy like! I was really not expecting it to smell edible as I was just expecting your ordinary lipstick smell. I guess if you don't like your lipsticks smelling edible, then I wouldn't advice buying this lipstick!

Barely There is a subtle pink with brown undertones throughout. It's a perfect nude lipstick for when you're wanting your lips to look nude but not concealer lip nude - just nude enough for them to have a nice subtle colour. If that makes any sense? I'm glad that it doesn't apply the colour that it looks on the bullet - as it would be a pretty chesnutty like brown colour!

When applied, it does feel rather moisturising at first. But that feeling would soon rub off meaning that I would definitely advice applying lip balm either before or after you apply it!

Overall, this is quite a nice lipstick and I will definitely be reaching for it on a day to day basis.

Have you tried this lipstick or any of their other lipsticks?
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Great shade, I wish I could pull those colors off >.<

    xox,
    http://simplycynnnn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that you can pull off these shades or similar ones :) xox

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried the vivo lipsticks yet, mainly because they're linked with MUA and seem to be the same formula, just a little more and nicer packaging. But this is such a lovely shade! I love their blushes

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew that they're linked with MUA - How'd you find out about it? I love their blushes too! And their bronzers x

      Delete