Sunday 22 April 2012

Mega Blogger Awards!

Whoa! 27 blog posts later and I've been tagged for some blogger awards by the lovely Sophia, a UK based blogger who blogs about her love for makeup and all things prettyful. She's tagged me in not one but five award tags! I would just like to say a big massive thankyou!

After doing some major award tag stalking, I'm assuming that once somebody has tagged you with an award, you have to disclose the information requested from that award.

I've decided that instead of tagging individual people for each award, I will be tagging only ten people to do all of them instead. You can choose more if you wish! 

Sophia was kind enough to tag me in all five so without further ado, here goes.. Wish me luck!

The Versatile Blogger Award - 7 Random Facts About Me
  1. I do not know my natural hair colour - no really, I seriously don't.
  2. I have a obsession with polar bears - my room is filled with them!
  3. I am planning on winning the lottery soon, very soon ;)
  4. I literally own my own personal library.
  5. I'm training to be a plumber.
  6. I have an OCD when it comes to receipts..
  7. All of my underwear is leopard print - enough said.
The Liebster Award - Tag People With Less Than 200 Followers

For this award, you have to tag blogs who have less than 200 followers. I'm more than happy for the people that I tag down below to do this themselves as it's nice to include other peoples.

The Blogger Appreciate Award - 4 Blog Related Questions

  1. How long have you been blogging? 
    I've been blogging since March 2012, so not too long!
  2. What are two reasons you started blogging?
    I wanted to start a blog purely because I've been reading other peoples' blogs and I felt like I wanted in on the blogging world. I also wanted to share my thoughts and opinions about various things.
  3. What kind of blogs do you like to follow/read?
    I like to follow blogs that are generally about pretty things whether that be about beauty items or fashion. I like it when a blogger goes that further mile i.e. taking the time to present their blog posts nicely with their own photos and not those stole from another blog or from google. I also like to follow/read blogs who blog about whatever they want whether it's about day to day life or a latest beauty trick that they just had to share.
  4. What is the one thing you would like to improve on your blog/as a blogger?
    The one thing that I would like to improve on my blog is the appearance of it - I want it to be like me and not just some nice pretty little floral print that it is (not that there is anything wrong with floral print!)

    The Kreativ Blogger Award - 7 Random Thoughts About Me
    This is exactly like the Versatile Award but with seven completely different things.
    1. At this current moment of time, I am on a "No Doing Anything to my Hair" strike.
    2. I live in UGG boots.
    3. I believe I have really good looking feet (sorry if it grosses people out!)
    4. I want to live in America - purely for the thrift stores!!
    5. The way to my heart is giving me a plate stacked high with ribs - talk about heaven on a plate!
    6. I only wear fluffy socks.
    7. My favourite colour is blue.

     11 Questions as chosen by Sophia

    The nominated people are to answer the questions after this little section - just scroll down!

    1. What is your favourite scent and taste?
    My favourite scent would have to be either Festive Scent by Yankee Candle or anything with strawberries/cherries/vanilla in it! My favourite taste would have to be Kraft Mac & Cheese - I just love how cheesy it tastes, even if it is artificial.
      2. Did you make any New Year's resolutions this year, if so what were they and did you stick to them?
    To be honest, I didn't make any New Year's resolutions this year as I personally don't think that there is any point in them as people will only break them a few weeks later in the new year. 
     3.What is your favourite artist/book/film? 
    I feel compelled to answer all three. I have many favourite artists which would include Sean Paul, Chipmunk, Cher Lloyd, Labrinthe etc. My favourite book would have to be either Vince & Joy by Lisa Jewell or Pride & Premiership by Michelle Gayle. My all time favourite film is Matilda - I am literally mesmerized everytime I watch it!
    4. Do you have a favourite make up brand? If so, what is it.
     My favourite makeup brand is Rimmel because I have grown up with Rimmel being in my makeup for years.
     5.Who is your favourite beauty blogger?
     My favourite beauty blogger would have to be the first persons' blog that I ever read who is Belles Boutique - she is the most beautiful person ever and her reviews of various beauty products are always so accurate. I also really like Dolly Bow Bow - she has a mad obsession with both clothes and makeup whilst being down to earth.
     6.What are your plans for the summer? 
    Well for me, summer always starts with my birthday (A month tomorrow!!) :D I'm planning on getting my first two tattoo's on my birthday, going away in June with my boyfriend and try to get a decent tan in this amazing petty weather.
    7.Are there any fashion items big right now, that you can't stand? 
    I personally don't think there are any fashion items that are big right now that I cannot stand..
    8. If you could live anywhere else in the World, where would it be? 
     If I could live anywhere else in the world, it would definitely have to be America. Purely because they have amazing thrift stores and so that I can be near my grandparents.
    9. What five items would you take to a desert island? 
     If I could only take five items to a desert island, they would have to be: Factor 50 Sun Tan Lotion (So I could get a amazing tan); My fat cat Mickey; Real Strawberry Icecream; All of my onesies/babygrows and fluffy socks.
    10. If your friends were asked to describe you in three words, what would they be? 
    Most of my friends are guys (due to being the only female on my plumbing course) so they would definitely describe me as being girly. People from work would describe me as outgoing and Liam would definitely describe me as weird.
    11. What do you think makes a good beauty blogger? 
    I think that in order for a beauty blogger to be classed as good, they would to give honest reviews about everything. They would also have to do (in my eyes) reviews about beauty products from different scales of the price range - as there are so many beauty bloggers about there who only blog about expensive items when there are only a few who blog about cheap items.

    My Questions!
    These are for the people who are tagged down below to answer instead of the questions that I just answered.
      
    1. What is your favourite chocolate bar and why?
    2. If you won £5,000,000 on the lottery, what would you do with it all?
    3. If you could, would you be the opposite sex for the day and what would you get up to?
    4. If you could change absolutely anything about yourself, what would you change and why?
    5. Who are your role model/s?
    6. Jersey Shore or Geordie Shore?
    7. What is your favourite kind of music i.e. classical/pop/punk?
    8. What is the story behind your blogname?
    9. Do you have a favourite all time beauty product? If so, what is it?
    10. Is there anything that you have regretted doing? What is it?
    11. Are you more of a cat person or more of a dog person? 

    Phew! I hope this wasn't too much of a long read for you. Thanksyou once again Sophia for tagging me! Below are the ten bloggers that I nominate and award for all the awards above.

    I will comment on a post to let you know, when you have done your "Blogger Awards" post, please let me know with a comment so that I can find out a little bit more about you.

    Jane LilacDreams 
    Maria ADropOfBliss 
    Emily EmilyLocknick 
    Hollie MakeupByHollie 
    Veronica FrowardFashion 
    Good luck all and don't forget to pass it on! :) 
  

12 comments:

  1. Congrats! ♡

    Follow each other? :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was lovely to read! We actually have a ton of stuff in common! And I am so happy you like to read Lisa Jewell, she's one of my favourite chick'lit' authors! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you - it took me long enough to write ;) What's your favourite book by her? Mine is Vince & Joy - I think I've read it atleast 10 times xo

      Delete
  3. Thank you for tagging me and thank you for following me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) so do I just answer those 11 questions?

    ReplyDelete